Support Agencies and Professionals
Louise Dunn, our Pastoral Manager & Safeguarding Lead works with the Pastoral care team to provide ideas on approaches that may help and support you and your child. The team can put you in contact with relevant specialists and specific services as required and can co-ordinate and liaise with external agencies and staff on your behalf.
- Promoting good attendance and punctuality
- Promoting positive behaviour and positive attitudes to learning
- Promoting self-esteem and confidence
- Providing one-to-one support
Support for families include:
- Liaising with external agencies
- Attendance, action plans and support at school
- Ideas and support in promoting positive behaviours at home
- Providing information and signposting to other services in the local area
- one-to-one support in the family
- Access to training and workshops on school
- Family coffee mornings
As well as professionals such as Educational Psychologists and Speech and Language Therapists, there are many other agencies we work closely with, such as Chance UK, CAMHS and Early Help Family Support. They offer advice and support to children and families on all issues which can affect their well-being. The Pastoral Manager and the school Counsellor work together to support Duncombe children and their families.
For more information on some of these agencies, please use the links below or speak to Louise Dunn.
The Islington family directory can be accessed at www.islington.gov.uk/familydirectory.
You can contact the Family Information Service helpline on 020 7527 5959. This helpline is open from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. Outside these times you can leave a message and they will get back to you. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Islington offer courses for parents covering a range of topics and support. Further information can be found at: www.islington.gov.uk/parentingprogrammes