Cookies are files sent by web servers to web browsers, and stored by the web browsers.
The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables a web server to identify and track web browsers.
There are two main kinds of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are deleted from your computer when you close your browser, whereas persistent cookies remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach their expiry date.
Cookies on our Website
Duncombe Primary School uses the following cookies on this website, for the following purposes:
- Standard PHP session cookies, for the general operation of this website
- Google Analytics cookies (see below)
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. Blocking cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of some websites. The links below provide instructions on how to control Cookies in most mainstream browsers:
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647
- Safari (macOS): https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac
- Safari (iOS): https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201265
- Microsoft Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4027947/microsoft-edge-delete-cookies
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/block-websites-storing-cookies-site-data-firefox
Please refer to your device’s documentation for manufacturers’ own browsers.
This document was created using a Contractology template from http://www.contractology.com.