Sarah Harris and Susannah Horrowitz are our School-Home-Support workers. Their work involves:
- Supporting parents and children to attend school regularly and achieve to the best of their abilities.
- Getting to know parents and children at the school.
- Liasing between staff, parents and outside agencies.
- Making home visits.
- Helping parents who have problems or need support.
- Encouraging parental involvement in the school.
- Helping to run and promote activities and adult learning for parents and carers.
Sarah is available Mondays, Tuesday mornings and Fridays. Susannah is available on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
Family Support Workers
Duncombe has family support workers who are available to translate for parents in Turkish, Somali, Spanish and Bengali. The family support advisors are available on Fridays and some on Wednesdays.
Renaisi provide us with our Bilingual Parent Support Advisors Mustafa, Reba, Silvia and Semra, who work tirelessly in school to support our staff, parents and pupils. Mr O'Shea was asked to give the opening address at the recent Renaisi London Schools Conference.
Our Inclusion Manager, Hayley Eaton, is able to support families and make referrals, where required, to outside agencies that we work closely with. As well as professionals such as Educational Psychologists and Speech and Language Therapists, there are many other agencies we work closely with, such as Chance UK, CAMHS and Families First. They offer advice and support to children and families on all issues which can affect their well-being. For more information, please use the links below or speak to Hayley.